1. Many legends from Catalonia arrive,
throughout its history they survive.
2. There's one our souls hold,
here it is as it has been told.
3. That of Otger Cataló, to blame
for having our country such a name.
4. Lord of Christian land,
of his properties in command.
5. Saracens from abroad,
galleys and sailboats aboard,
6. here war brought,
being our homes caught.
7. Iberians fall to the ground;
in their strongholds defeat is bound.
8. Barbarism is intense,
Iberia fights for defence.
9. A warrior in very bad condition
watches desperate such perdition.
10. All his companions are dead;
sorrow and rage from his chest spread.
11. At a cave entrance he finds a tent;
he has found a shelter in the end.
12. Of goatskin it is made
and has a leaf-bed laid.
13. His body and limbs many wounds reveal,
which nobody is there to heal.
14. A dog his injuries will lick;
he will no longer be sick.
15. A goat by him will stay,
which he will milk every day.
16. For long the forest keeps him alive
providing the food to survive.
17. At home with his folks he yearns to be,
whom he doesn´t lose hope to see.
18. As a brave warrior Otger is to praise;
his sword and mace he will always raise.
19. His dagger he used to sharpen,
ready for what could happen.
20. A year goes by full of fortune;
he joy of Otger is opportune.
21. To call his fellows he blows his horn;
ready to start war he is worn.
22. The dog, to help very keen,
to many new places has been,
23. and a courageous warrior has met,
who towards Otger has led.
24. The brave men are very pleased,
their determination is increased.
25. All over a message is to be sent
for every man to comment:
26. "Fellow men, to emerge triumphant
our war cry must be unisonant.